• They work to negotiate beneficial plea bargains.
• Provide the defendant with reality checks and assessments during the trial.
• Lawyers are paid to know all of the details and intricacies of the law. This is extremely helpful because one may help reduce the charge.
• They will navigate the paperwork through the system, and lawyers often receive preferential treatment in court appearances, etc.
• Lawyers often work in teams, so they have investigators, paralegals and secretaries to provide information quickly.
• They can find expert witnesses to represent certain areas of the case.
• A lawyer has represented similar cases.
• They can help with sentencing in the event that the judge’s decision is not innocent. A lawyer is familiar with the judicial and drug treatment system in Las Vegas, so they might be able to have a prison sentence adjusted.
Don’t risk the outcome of your charge. Contact the office of Potter Law Firm, and schedule a free consultation to discuss the details of the case and your rights in this situation.